Engineer Mine Services
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Engineer Mine Services in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The purpose of this role is to provide engineering services and support for mine services planning activities of the organizational unit in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- The development and communication of the monthly mining plan through a highly consultative and integrated process with project stakeholders
- Coordinate development of supporting documentation and detailed plans to enable the accurate and efficient completion of planned tasks
- Support the other mine planning functions (quarterly mine planning, mine coordination team and construction teams) using management operating systems and processes
- Generate and maintain weekly to monthly timeframe tracking and compliance reports
- Regular underground inspections of mining activities and accountable work areas to ensure: compliance with intended plan, provide visible leadership in the field, tracking of actual performance on the daily basis.
- Assist and manage improvement projects within the scope of the mining team
- Generate, in conjunction with contractors work method statements, JHA’s and Risk assessments to mitigate risks associated with interactions with other stakeholders
- Respond to technical questions from other departments and liaise throughout development phase with construction teams
- Develop written procedures and documentation to allow effective department function
- Training of junior engineers and technicians
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor degree or above in Engineering or Mining or relevant disciplines
- At least 3 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training
- At least 2 years working in an underground mining environment
- Previous experience in: - mine development/design / planning activities, construction activities, and contractor management are also highly regarded
- Advanced skills in 3D computer drafting software such as AutoCAD, Vulcan, Surpac, Deswick or similar
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Office suite
- Developed English language verbal and written skills will be well regarded
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.