Engineer SRP /2/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for two ( 2) Engineer SRP in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide services and support on mine planning engineering activities of the organisational unit in large complex environment in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the department's objectives and targeted plan.
What the role entails
- The development and communication of the weekly mining plan through a highly consultative and integrated process with project stakeholders
- Develop supporting doucmentation and detailed plans to enable the accurate and efficient completion of planned tasks
- Support the other mine planning functions (medium-long range mine planning, IPP team and construction teams) using processes established in the MOS
- Generate and maintain weekly to monthly timeframe tracking and compliance information
- Regular underground inspections of development activities and accountable work areas to ensure
o compliance with intended plan
o provide visible leadership in the field
o data collection that enables accurate and thourough preparation of plans and work orders
- Assist and manage improvement projects within the scope of the mining team
- Generate, in conjunction with contractors work method statements, JHA’s and Risk assessments to minimise and mitigate risk associated with interactions with other stakeholders
- Respond to technical questions from external parties and liaise throughout development phase with construction teams.
- Develop written procedures and documentation to allow effective department function.
What you will need for this role
- Undergraduate degree in mine engineering or relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar roles
- Previous experience in mine development, design, planning activities, construction activities and contractor management are also highly regarded;
- Familiar with ore body and life mine plan
- Strong commitment to safety
- 3D computer drafting software such as AutoCAD, Vulcan, Surpac, Deswick or similar;
- Developed English language verbal and written skills will be well regarded.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Office suite;
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.