EOI - Expression of interest
Provision of Consultancy Services for creation of Underground Management Operating System (the “MOS”) Hub, standards development and on-the-job coaching
“Oyu Tolgoi” LLC (the 'Company') would like to invite all potential experienced contractors to submit their Expression of Interest in relation to the provision of “Consultancy Services for Underground Management Operating System (the “MOS”) Hub creation, standards development and on-the-job coaching.”
[An EOI is only a preliminary step to a formal tender process to understand and identify whether there are potential suppliers in the market that are interested in and capable of satisfying the procurement needs]
See MOS Hub description below.
Underground Management Operating System (the “MOS”)
The MOS is an integrated process that brings together standards, procedures, and behaviors that workforce (both leaders and frontline employees including all contractors) use daily to systematically manage forecasting, planning, scheduling, decision making and disciplined execution of underground activities.
The Scope of Work (SOW) consists of assisting the Company in the creation of the MOS Hub, standardization of the MOS tools, and coaching of Mongolian speaking frontline leaders on MOS tool usage and active management behaviors. This SOW includes provision of labor, technology solution, materials and services (analyzing, scoping, researching, designing, documenting, testing and implementing) for the Company Underground Project.
The SOW is broken down into two primary streams:
- MOS Hub creation and MOS tools standardization
The Contractor will be required to carry out all of, but not limited to, the following works:
- Analyze, scope and define requirement specifications for an IT Software Solution for the MOS Hub;
- Research, evaluate and propose an IT Software Solution for the MOS Hub from the market incorporating with an international management consultancy organization;
- Deploy, configure and implement the IT Software Solution for the MOS Hub;
- Analyze, scope and develop the MOS tool standards and required templates, procedures and guidelines;
- Scope and translate all existing MOS tools, between 150 and 300, from English to Mongolian including presentations and training materials;
- Migrate all existing and translated MOS tools to the MOS Hub;
- Develop MOS terminology dictionary between English and Mongolian from the existing MOS tools;
- Coach Mongolian speaking frontline leaders on MOS tools use and behaviors on the job.
Please refer to Attachment A-Work stream high level document.
The MOS Hub is easy to navigate and has an intuitive front-end software system that allows users to interact with all MOS tools (e.g., plans, schedules, reports, distribution lists, procedures, the health of the system) from one place and enter, store and visualize MOS health assessment scoring.
The MOS tool is an item which a user of the MOS can refer to, use or create. It can have multiple forms including physical and electronic documents; containing process flow diagrams, meeting agenda and action log templates, shift handover note templates, booklets, procedures, checklists, matrixes of meetings, reports, and plans, presentations, and charts (e.g., Pareto, heat map, waterfall).
Interested and experienced contractors are invited to submit their EOI by attached “EOI submission checklist” and must include/attach, as a minimum, the following documentations / information:
- State registration certificate (copy)*
- HSE policy & procedures (copy)*
- Business Code of Conduct (copy)*
- Financial statement from last 3 years (copy)*
- Brief introduction of company/Brochure
- Ownership / shareholder information
- Executive team structure / introduction
* - If latest copies are already uploaded in Oyu Tolgoi Supplier Database (SQMS), please make a note here
Scope specific documents:
- Manpower introduction and key personnel resumes that may potentially be involved in the project both from a leadership, analysis, design and implementation perspective.
- Staffing approach plan.
- Total manpower information of previous experiences of comparable service, examples (at least two) of previous projects with problem statements, implemented solutions and outcomes.
Special licenses or certificate.
Any interested contractor who is not registered in Oyu Tolgoi Supplier Qualification and Master Supplier (SQMS) Database must register at http://ot.mn/register-as-a-supplier-en/?eoi and must provide the registration ID on the “EOI submission checklist”.
EOI submissions can be prepared in Mongolian and/or English and must be sent to OTUGRFxBox@ot.mn with subject “CW2110336 for provision of Consultancy Services for creation of Underground Management Operating System (the “MOS”) Hub, standards development and on-the-job coaching” before 5pm, (Ulaanbaatar time) 22 September 2017.
Request for Proposal (RFP) and detailed Scope of Work (SOW) will be issued to shortlisted contractors only.
- The Company is only seeking Expression of Interest from potential contractors and makes no representation or promise in relation to procuring work from a contractor or contractors.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any document(s) which is incomplete or submitted after the specified date and time.
- The Company will not accept any EOIs stored in internet storage or in any other webpages and links.
- The Company will not be responsible for any costs associated with preparing and submitting an Expression of Interest to the Company.
- There will be no questions accepted nor answers provided during the EOI process.
“OYU TOLGOI” LLC
OYU TOLGOI UNDERGROUND PROJECT