Safety Advisor /3/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for three (3) Safety Advisor in Oyu Tolgoi LLC Power Project - Health, Safety and Environment department based at project site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is responsible for supporting the HSE Superintendent in the provision of timely HSE advice, support, coaching and training to the Power Project owner’s team and contractor’s under TT Power Project’s management. The Safety Advisor is responsible for oversight of HSE implementation to ensure compliance with Rio Tinto, Oyu Tolgoi and Mongolian standards and regulations.
What the role entails
- Influence behaviors and actions to create a culture that enhances HSE performance
- Works with employees, contractors and various HSE teams throughout the project to support HSE initiatives
- Facilitates and conduct audits and inspections, to ensure compliance with OT LLC HSE Standards and relevant legislation in assigned areas
- Conducts / assists with risk assessments, including working with various project and contractor teams to reduce / eliminate risks associated with tasks
- Report and communicate HSE performance trends to employees and contractors by analyzing HSE performance data
- Build relationships and interface effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Assist in conducting Contractors HSE Management Plan Review
- Coordinates & participates in implementation of safety projects and the business strategy plan
- Ensures compliance with statutory requirements, company policies & practices with regards to safety standards.
- Recommends & assists in implementation of solutions to improve safety standards across the project workforce.
- Support the implementation of frontline leadership and coaching programs
- Assists and facilitate Incident Investigation utilizing the appropriate investigation methodology with quality findings and actions detailed. Learnings are shared in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure relevant contractors & employees comply with the safety procedures & relevant legislation.
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders including site management, supervisors & contractor employees regarding safety obligations, plans & performance.
- Update training requirements & skills base & where necessary, conduct training courses improvement.
- Collates & reports safety data on non-compliance & anticipated risk issues & results which comply with Mongolian legislative requirements & Rio Tinto standards.
- Reviews findings from inspections, observations, audits & other activities designed to improve HSE
- Reviews lessons learnt/alerts to identify the potential for incidents occur and take proactive measures to prevent it
- Identify requirements and facilitate hazard, risk management activities appropriate to level within the organization (e.g. level 1 risk assessment, hazard assessment, level 2 risk assessment)
What you will need for this role
- Degree or Tertiary Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety or combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum 3-5 years of work related work experience, preferably in the mining industry (OT site preferred but not essential)
- Excellent Mongolian and English, both written and oral is mandatory
- Safety Officer Course, Incident Investigator will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of Mongolian Health & Safety regulations.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (oral, written, & presentation)
- Strong problem solving, project implementation & continuous improvement
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel & database software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Project management skills
- Advanced organizational & prioritization skills.
- HSE supervisory experience preferred but not essential
All interested candidates should submit the following documents before 05:30 PM on [26 July 2019]:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.