Superintendent Systems and Data /1/
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Superintendent Systems and Data in Oyu Tolgoi LLC – OT Technical and Studies department based at Ulaanbaatar.
The purpose of this role is to assist in delivering outcomes targeted by the Geosciences team.
What the role entails
- Develop and implement fit-for-purpose geoscientific systems and data management solutions. Manage these over time to ensure solutions are sustainable and responsive to changing needs.
- Maintain a current knowledge of technical system advancements and data and information management practices that have the potential to improve effectiveness.
- Make recommendations about their potential adoption, identifying both regional and global implications.
- Work closely with the all geoscientific departments in order to supply and maintain a high quality of geological data management services, systems and content provided are relevant and timely. This includes all aspects of QA/QC reporting from the acQuire database and engage with, and supports staff to understand business requirements and identify actions improvement opportunities.
- Provide guidance on using systems, managing information and accessing data
- Provide assurance to the senior management that mineral rights are granted, maintained and administered in accordance with directives set by the Manager and Legal Counsel (as appropriate), in order to ensure compliance with statutory/legal requirements.
- Direct and supervise the preparation of reports (including exploration reports, exploration plans, environmental reports, and environmental plans) on behalf of the company to statutory authorities/stakeholders based on legal or commercial grounds.
- Work closely with statutory bodies (e.g. MRAM) and stakeholders as appropriate over issues as diverse as applications, rents, financial guarantees permit approvals, access rights and development of new regulations.
- Support and promote data management procedures and industry best practice to capture, validate, catalogue, store and deliver managed high-quality geoscientific data to the team.
- Manage the process of developing and implementing a robust data management policy and associated procedures for the data and systems and to ensure that a robust data management policy exists across OT (where data is sources from different departments) and the GIS team
- To ensure GIS data to statutory requirments are sourced to that any legal exposure is avoided
- To ensure geoscientific and GIS data are transferred to required quality and timing
- Manage hardware and software assets and provide recommendations as required for replacement / upgrading strategies.
- Develop and promote a mapping service to the business including the production of thematic maps, detailed project site maps, property infrastructure maps, data storage and collation, assistance in field surveys and reports for clients in forms designed to best meet their needs.
- Ensure that all spatial data and documents are properly managed in an appropriate and catalogued database and that the most updated and complete version is stored in an accessible and secure infrastructure.
- Maintains close communication and shares best practice with technical systems and data and information management peers. Ensure the most efficient use of common systems.
- Actively participate in all HSEC related activities and demonstrate commitment to established standards through actions of self and encouraging positive behaviour in others.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor and above degree in Geology, Geosciences or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Fluent Mongolian and English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Membership of professional geological and mining societies such as SME, SEG, IMM, AusIMM
- Ability to relate with both business and technical people
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- A proven ability to operate independently and in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to deliver quality work with tight deadness and cost constraints, often independently and usually in a changing environment
- Ability to elicit, absorb and analyse business processes and requirements from a range sources
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
- Ability to understand the various data types, recognize the way in which the data should be managed, balance the efforts required to maintain the systems
- High experiencing of QA/QC to the assay data and ability to manage and monitors database availability, stability and integrity using activity logs or other tools
- Ability to interpreted legal requirements and Mongolian laws such as Mineral law, Common Mineral Law etc
- A proven ability to write and complete statutory reports to Government of Mongolia
- A comprehensive understanding of the analysis and technical evaluation of spatial data and databases
- Ability to research and interpretive thinking to develop solutions to multi – faceted problems including that
- Technical and technological (breadth and depth), District application and Integration and alignment into Oyu Tolgoi strategy, etc.
- Able to create and develop variety of documents and templates on MS Office and other software using automatic functions
- Ability to write intermediate level of programming languages such as Active Directory, Visual Studio, MS SQL Server
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
o CV (in English and Mongolian)
o Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.