Oyu Tolgoi’s Procurement department strives to deliver more value to our operations by ensuring a secure supply of services and focusing on total cost of ownership, and development of the in-country supply chain.
Our commitment to maximising national procurement at Oyu Tolgoi serves two purposes:
- To build and promote a localised, sustainable, quality assured supply chain within Mongolia
- To meet our Investment Agreement commitments to develop a competitive and skilled Mongolian supplier community
These endeavors support robust Mongolian economic development, and the development of businesses which share Oyu Tolgoi’s commitment to world-class health, safety and environmental performance and management.
Oyu Tolgoi’s procurement activities are governed by transparent policies and procedures to ensure alignment with world-class procurement practices and protocols.
The Procurement department is the supply chain management function for Oyu Tolgoi’s operations. The department is organised into the following teams:
- Sourcing team – responsible for procurement of goods and services above US$100,000
- Purchasing team – responsible for purchasing goods and services below US$100,000
- National procurement team – responsible for developing a national supply chain
- Contract management team – responsible for contractor management and ensuring compliance with contracts
- Inventory control team – responsible for reviewing and managing inventory levels to support ongoing operations
- Reporting and development team – responsible for reporting and monitoring compliance and improvement across all procurement functions