Technician Planning MRP (1)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 93 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one ( 1) Technician Planning MRP in Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project – Technical Services department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide engineering services and support on mining activities of the organisational unit in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
- Appropriate frequency of underground inspections of development activities and accountable work areas to ensure high quality and accurate plans are developed.
- Timely production of plans and supporting materials to enable the execution of planned work.
- Assistance in the preparation of quarterly and monthly planning activities.
- Work closely with off shore Mine Planning team and site based execution teams to critically review mine designs and ensure they are both fit for purpose and comply with mine design standards.
- Undertake minor design changes as required.
- Maintain integrity/currency of mine designs and published plans, including filing and archives.
- Undertake mine facility planning, design and project planning to enable construction.
- Undertake a variety of drafting activities.
- Liaise with all underground project work groups to generate strategies and plans to support area of responsibility and logistics activities.
- Support the monthly and quarterly planning processes.
- Assist in the schedule compliant delivery of the development Execution Plan.
- Continuously identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities to improve the performance of underground activities, whilst ensuring the milestones and objectives of the Underground Development Project are achieved.
- Close cooperation with Mine Coordination, Mining and UDS Contractor teams when developing schedules and plans that are reflective of the Project milestones and the fundamental objectives of the Underground Development
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings associated with the Technical Services department.
What you will need for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of work related work experience in similar roles
- Strong commitment to safety
- Good computer skills including proficiency in the use of CAD (AutoCAD, Vulcan or Deswik) Microsoft Excel and Office suite;
- English competency (both written and oral) is essential.
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please click HERE to go to Oyu Tolgoi LLC Online Application System
Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- CV (in English and Mongolian)
- Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.