EOI - Expression of interest
Amendment Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment Report for Gunii Hooloi Groundwater Resource Use for Oyu Tolgoi Project
“Oyu Tolgoi” LLC (the 'Company') would like to invite potential experienced suppliers to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) in relation to supply of “Amendment Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment Report for Gunii Hooloi Groundwater Resource Use for Oyu Tolgoi Project”.
[An EOI is only a preliminary step to a formal tender process to understand and identify whether there are potential suppliers in the market that are interested in and capable of satisfying the procurement needs]
The supplier will be required to carry out all of, but not limited to, the following work
Oyu tolgoi project Concentrator plant is the processing of ore extracted from the open pit and the production of copper concentrates. Gunii hooloi ground water deposit which is located about 40 km to north-east side from the mine site is used for the operation.
DEIA history: Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment Report for Gunii Hooloi Groundwater Resource Use for Oyu Tolgoi Project is developed in 2005 and it’s amended in 2010. Meantime, the Gunii hooloi raw water pipeline project was completed and separate DEIA was developed on the pipeline project. And also different audits are conducted including Environmental audit and audit on GH water exploration. (http://ot.mn/)
Requirements to the DEIA companies:
- Experienced in environmental assessment with at least three years of experience, particularly with experience in environmental assessment of mining
- Experts experienced in environmental different fields (water quality or hydrogeology, soil and land surface, Flora & Fauna, air quality or chemical and waste disposal etc,)
- Two or more water specialists are required while one expert for each area
- Experts have the advantage of having experience in the field of research institutes
- Experts have fully complied with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, in particular with respect to environmental assessment
- Professional translator required because of English translation of DEIA needs to be done
Interested and experienced suppliers are invited to submit their EOI by attached “EOI submission checklist” and must include/attach, as a minimum, the following documentations / information:
- State registration certificate (copy)*
- HSE policy & procedures (copy)*
- Business Code of Conduct (copy)*
- Financial statement from last 3 years (copy)*
- Brief introduction of company
- Ownership/ shareholder information
- Executive team structure/ introduction
- Organization structure & Total manpower
* If latest copies are already uploaded in Oyu Tolgoi Supplier Database (SQMS), please make a note here
Scope specific documents:
- Accredited DEIA company (a copy of a special permit),
- List of DEIA Reports that have been successfully completed within the last two years by the Professional Committee of the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (copies of approved cover pages),
- Other related documents to be provided
Any interested supplier who is not registered in Oyu Tolgoi Supplier Qualification and Master Supplier (SQMS) Database must register at http://ot.mn/register-as-a-supplier-en/?eoi and must provide the registration ID on the “EOI submission checklist”.
EOI submissions can be prepared in Mongolian and/or English and must be sent to RFxBox@ot.mn with subject “6000588076 Amendment Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment Report for Gunii Hooloi Groundwater Resource Use for Oyu Tolgoi Project” before 6pm, (Ulaanbaatar time) 09 Aug 2017.
- The Company is only seeking Expression of Interest from potential suppliers and makes no representation or promise in relation to procuring work from a supplier or suppliers.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any document(s) which is incomplete or submitted after the specified date & time.
- The Company will not accept any EOIs stored in internet storage or in any other webpages and links.
- The Company will not be responsible for any costs associated with preparing and submitting an Expression of Interest to the Company.
- There will be no Questions and Answers provided during the EOI process.
“OYU TOLGOI” LLC