Trainer Mechanical On the Job (OJT)
Oyu Tolgoi’s workforce today is more than 94 per cent Mongolian, and major strategic focus for the company is to develop a skilled workforce that is continuously learning. We aim to attract the best talent, so that we can together deliver a safe and globally competitive copper business that contributes to the prosperity of Mongolia.
We are looking for one (1) Trainer Mechanical On the Job (OJT) in our People and Organisation - Operational Safety Training department based at Oyu Tolgoi mine site with roster of 2 weeks on and 1 week off.
The primary focus for the Trainer Mechanical On Job is to ensure effective implementation and management of the apprenticeship training program and also the tradesman upskilling program for all Oyu Tolgoi LLC mechanical trades. The initial focus will be to link recognized competency- based training for the Mechanical to a recognized Australian Qualification Trades Framework (ATQF) Certificate at Level III.
What the role entails
- Ensure that an integrated, systematic quality approach to all Fitting trades training delivered across relevant operational business units
- Maintain standards and the design and installation of the training equipment and workshops to that end
- Interaction with external Mongolian TVET schools contracted to assist Oyu Tolgoi with its training
- Comply to all downloading/filing of evidence documentation required by OT and the registered training authority to meet compliance to the ATQF standards
- Develop and implement training coursework specifically for fixed plant equipment trades in line with the AQTF requirements
- Make lesson plans and determine best instructional methods for fitting tradesman training and upskilling
- Recommend improvements in curriculum and updates to accommodate new technology
- Observe and report employee progress and program effectiveness
- Facilitate / coordinate and motivate the apprentice to achieve individual training, experiential and assessment requirements
- Support on-going alignment of training objectives with the changing business needs within a dynamic OT environment
- Maintain workshop tools and equipment in safe working order at all times
- Work closely with Operations Maintenance team / Planners to effectively manage on-site Mechanical trades training delivery and assessment.
What you will need for this role
- Post-secondary or equivalent education obtained through degrees, certificates (e.g. apprenticeship or trades certificate) or diplomas from academic or vocational training centres
- Certificate IV Training and Education TAE40116 or equivalent would be highly desirable
- At least 5 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Ability to communicate in Mongolian and English, both written and oral
- Please make sure to attach the following documents:
- o CV (in English and Mongolian)
- o Cover Letter (in English and Mongolian)
If you have any enquiries, please contact the following addresses:
Monnis Tower, 1st Floor
Tel: + (976) - 7010-3604
All potential candidates must be medically cleared.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit additional documents
For successful candidates, please be advised that information submitted and collected during the recruitment process may be used or required by other HR functions such as Training and HR Services.
Employees of the Oyu Tolgoi LLC and subcontract companies currently working at Oyu Tolgoi mine must notify their employer of their application prior to progressing to the interview stage.
Oyu Tolgoi LLC ensures fair and transparent recruitment practices where all applicants are provided with equal opportunities and the decision on recruitment is made by committee members without any involvement of mediating individuals.